Dear parents and students,
Hello and welcome, or welcome back to the Encore Music studio. We are excited about this new year and looking forward to working and learning with you. Please read the following notes, they are very important.
- If a teacher misses or cancels a lesson, a make-up time is arranged at a mutually convenient time.
- If the student misses or cancels a lesson they will not be refunded.
- In case of an anticipated absence, please feel free to switch lesson times with another student by checking the teacher’s schedule.
- The group lesson time slot (Thursdays for pianists, Saturdays for violinists) on weeks when there are no group lessons can be used for makeup time if arranged with the teacher.
- If you cannot trade places, feel free to offer your lesson time as a gift to someone else in hopes that the favor may be returned in the future.
- In the case of inclement weather, if the school board of the region (EMS, L.B. Pearson, Trois-Lacs) cancels classes, less than 24 hours notice is acceptable. These lessons will not be refunded, but can be made up during the “make-up week” (see next point).
- A maximum of 2 make-up lessons (used during 1 week in December and 1 week in June) can be accumulated during the year, and can be used to make up lost time due to illness, inclement weather, and pre-arranged travel.
- You must give at least 24 hours notice prior to a missed lesson for it to be eligible for a make-up lesson time (exceptions may be made for compassionate reasons).
- Students are expected to arrive on time; Encore Music is not obliged to make up for lost time due to lateness.
On a more positive note, we are happy to know of our students who play in auditions, talent shows, exams, competitions or recitals. Please let us know of your intention well in advance so that we can better advise and prepare you for such events.
We hope that you enjoy your year!
Peter Blair & Ruth Boisvert-Blair